Sunday, January 12, 2020

MKT265 Blog 1

  • What sites and/or applications do you visit most often? Describe the sites and applications that you identify.
  • Do you have positive or negative reactions when using certain types of digital media?
  • Do you find that your needs are satisfied using one type of digital media over another?
  • Do you receive emails from companies? If so, what types of email catch your attention? What do you look for?
  • What do you notice about the use of digital media in marketing today? Explain.

In the world of social media, I favor Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram. I use Facebook to stay up to date on friends and families lives and communicate with some friends overseas. I use Snapchat primarily for news and sharing pictures of my son and dog. Lastly, I use Instagram primarily for watching tutorials on makeup, cooking, cleaning hacks and more. With all three of these social media sites I mostly have a positive reaction however, there are the occasional posts that come up that present a negative feeling. I am a new mother and when I see stories on my Facebook come up about children being harmed, I get very upset. 

Mostly, I feel more satisfied with Facebook over any other social media sites because I use the Marketplace application the most. The other social media sites do not offer a place to purchase local items. On average I would say I receive about 15 emails per day from companies promoting their products. The emails that catch my attention the most are the ones from the stores I shop at the most and the ones that are advertising big sales. I tend to only shop for my son these days so when I get emails, I look out for sales on baby clothes and formula. A new digital media tool I have noticed within the last year or so is when you are shopping on one site and you view an item you can bring up another browser and you tend to get an ad for the exact item at that store. Companies are using the use of digital tools to market products people have previously viewed but not purchased to entice them to come back and make the purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment